Do you have a website that hasn’t been updated in a while? Should you update your website?
Having an up-to-date and visually appealing website is crucial to have for your business. We know that updating your website may not be the first thing on your mind, and maybe you don’t even know how to begin. We get it! There’s tons of other things that you could be focusing on; but remember that a lot of the time, your website is the first thing a potential client may see. So one of the first things to think about is how you want to be perceived. Stick to your brand and make sure it’s clear.
Zach explains his top 5 tips on how to update your website to engage your audience to stay on your website and keep them coming back for more.
1. Keep your website simple. People don’t want to have to dig around the entire site just to find 1 piece of information. Include information that people will want to know and make it easy for them to find.
2. Add other elements to your website…add video! If you haven’t heard by now, video is here to stay. People don’t want to waste their time reading 5 long paragraphs when they could just watch a 1 minute, exciting video. It will capture their attention, they’ll process and retain the information better than text and it’ll keep them on your site!
3. Photography. Consider getting professional photos done for your team or business – this will help you in the long run for your clients or audience to be able to connect and see familiar faces on the website. I think we all know when we see stock photography on a website…it’s just not as exciting or personal.
4. Graphic Design is very important because it represents the brand and it is what guides people throughout your website. Make sure to get feedback from people you trust to look through your site to give their feedback on their experience exploring the updated website.
5. Our last tip is all about the marketing. Have you clearly explained and shown your audience what it is you do and why they need you?
So before you update your website, think about these tips and consider what steps you can take to have the best website possible!
If you have any questions, let us know!